Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Traditional? ..not anymore!

I just completed a Guest Room for a client who first hired me 7 years ago. In those 7 years her style has gradually changed from traditional to a more definite Transitional.

This is a trend that I see more and more. The challenge is: How to incorporate your existing traditional furniture and make the "look" more contemporary?

In my client's case, we needed to work with an antique brass bed. It doesn't get more traditional than that! But look what happened when we added very contemporary metal sculptures over the bed. Voila!!

The "look" is now Transitional.

Of course other elements play a part in pulling this off...the colors used, shapes, textures...
But the point is, you can still update without breaking the bank. So go for it! Give your rooms a lift and your spirit will follow.

And if you need help, call me.

Happy Decorating!
Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment