Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halloween Skeleton Buffet Table


About 19 years ago, I found this idea for a Halloween Party buffet in a cookbook. I made a copy and held on to it in case I ever had a Halloween party. So far I’ve been to many Halloween parties, but I’ve never had one myself. However, it’s such a fun and creative idea that I thought I’d share it on my blog.


This buffet is perfect for kid’s parties, office buffets, costume parties and anything Halloween. So let your creative juices find expression with this fantastic table.


What You’ll Need
6-foot=long paper skeleton (black and white)
Large head f leafy green cabbage
Mylar curtain in a silver color
4 small glass bowls, 3” diameter
2 large glass fruit bowls

Setup
Cover table or buffet with silver Mylar curtain (available at most party supply stores)
Place paper skeleton on Mylar
Carve out the cabbage head so a large glass bowl can be set into it
Put cabbage on head of skeleton
Fill bowl with potato salad and decorate with olives, strips of pimentos and other vegetables to create a face
Roll up deli meats and secure with toothpicks
Arrange deli meats on torso of skeleton. Follow shape if ribs
Fill large glass bowl with coleslaw and place on stomach
Put bread slices down both arms
Set a small glass bowl filled with mustard and mayonnaise on each elbow
Leave paper hands uncovered
Put cheese slices down both legs
Set a small glass bowl filled with mustard and mayonnaise at each knee
Add any detail or decoration using food that you wish to both the skeleton and the table.
As the party goes on, fill skeleton in with fresh food.

It’s ok to use other food instead of potato salad or coleslaw. Use whatever your guests will like.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment